The great thing about makeup is you can pretty much make up different ways to use it — the same holds true with concealer. For starters, keep your options open by carrying two differently hued concealers in your makeup bag: one that's a bit darker and one that's a bit lighter, a combination available in the Benefit Realness of Concealness ($59) palette. And to see how you can perfect your craftiness at concealing, just read more.
- To accentuate your lips: Use a lighter concealer along the lip lines to add shape and a subtle illumination. Apply a darker concealer to the lips to colour correct and neutralise before putting on lipstick. This will also help to make your lip colour wear truer longer.
- To contour: Apply a darker-toned concealer under the chin to add depth, underneath the cheek bones to provide dimension, and lengthwise along the outer portions of the nose to slim.
- To tame brows: For a cleaner look, use a lighter concealer to shape around the brow before filling, explains Sephora national makeup artist Julie Taing. Thanks to its creaminess, the concealer will also act like a "glue," keeping unruly hairs tamed.
- To give an extra lift to the eyes: Sweep a lighter shade onto the inner corners of the under-eyes for an enlightened effect.
- To perk up tired eyes: Mix concealer with highlighter to instantly brighten the under-eye area.