Girls weekend away on the horizon? Taking a cheeky annual leave day on a Monday or Friday is the perfect way to take a long weekend away with your girlfriends. You might like to take in the sites of a city you've never seen before — or haven't visited in a while. Don't forget to bring these necessities along to keep you looking your best no matter what metropolis you're jetting off to.
- Oil blotting pads: Half the fun of touring a new city is wandering around for hours and taking everything in. Carry some oil absorbing pads in your bag, like Models Prefer Blotting Paper ($5.99), to avoid shine in your photos.
- Bright lipstick: Urban living lends itself to experimenting with trends. Bring along a bold lipstick you've been too timid to try at home. We love Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Make a Wish ($12.95). It is a great red-pink that can transition from day to night.
- Specially formulated sunscreen: The sun isn't the only thing your skin needs protecting from while you're hopping from taxi to sidewalk. Invisible Zinc Environmental Skin Protector ($29.75) does double duty by providing you protection from the sun and other environmental factors, like pollution.
- Smoky eye palette: Dramatic eyes are perfect for a night out in the city. Rimmel London Glam Eyes Eyeshadow Quads in Smokey Brun ($11.95) does the work for you. It contains a variety of colours, so you can play around until you get the perfect look.
- Perfume: While smelling like the city streets may not sound so appealing, we're loving Diptyque 34 Boulevard Saint Germain ($145).
And don't forget your hand sanitiser!