February: Kate Visits Hope House
Early March: The Duchess During Her Official Visit to Grimsby, EnglandSee more of Kate's stunning hair moments from this year when you read on.
There's nothing quite like a fine smelling gent, and this Christmas you can help your brother, boyfriend, husband or even boss get on the right scent train. We've got 10 cool colognes that will all make for the perfect gift this Christmas.
Want more Christmas shopping inspiration? See our other gift guides.
To help get you better acquainted with the benefits of wearing a mattifying foundation this Summer, we're giving away 20 Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundations for review. If you'd like to get your hands on a jar and then tell us about your (dreamy) experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Desired shade or skin tone
What's more festive than a little Christmas nail art? Nothing, if you ask us. Click through these 10 clever and easy nail art ideas to try on your fingertips. They come just in time for Christmas, as well as for all the ringing-in-2013 soirees.
1. It's never too early to start anti-aging. Which probably means you're reading this too late. "I always say the sooner the better because if you know you're going to care about lines then you might as well start sooner," says Dr. Jaliman. The first step is using a broad-spectrum sunscreen, which will protect you against aging caused by the sun's UV rays.
2. Even if you are using anti-aging, you're still aging. Here's some bad news: "We're losing everything as we age, unfortunately, so there is no way out of it," says Dr. Jaliman. "You're going to lose collagen and elastic tissue, so your skin is going to get saggier. Your skin is going to get rougher, and the pigment isn't going to be as even. Also, all those things get worse with sun damage."
3. Skipping sunscreen is the biggest mistake you ever made. "People say it's so time consuming, but really just like you brush your teeth every day — that's 30 seconds." Of all the anti-aging creams and treatments you can buy, sunscreen is the most inexpensive and effective route. So, you'll want to get in the habit of wearing SPF 30 every day.
4. Don't skip the neck (and hands). "A lot of times I see people with a young-looking face and old-looking hands and neck," explained Dr. Jaliman. "Those three areas are chronically sun exposed, so whatever you do for your face you also want to do to your hands and neck."
5. Drinking from a straw does cause wrinkles. Your mum might have passed on this advice when you were a teenager, and it turns out this beauty myth is all true. "Any kind of repetitive muscle movement will cause wrinkles," admits Dr. Jaliman. "Smile every day and you get a smile line, or if you frown you're going to get a frown line, but what are you going to do? You can't stand like a mummy!" This problem is easily solved by using a retinol at night around the mouth and on the forehead. Get more useful anti-aging tips when you keep reading.
When it comes to celebrities wanting to debut their new hairstyles, a red carpet just isn't good enough for some stars. So what better way to show the world their new 'do than on Instagram? Ahead, we've rounded up some of the stars who have shown off their new cuts and colours on social media.