You've got the dress, booked the reception and deliberated over the guest list — but what about your shoes? Choosing the final touches to your wedding look can be just as stressful as the big decisions, and wearing the right shoes is a surprisingly important task. For one, there's the choice of colour. Gone are the days of having to wear satin-coloured heels to match your dress, with a selection of neutrals, metallics and even pops of blue on offer for every style of bride. Here are some tips on how to select the perfect wedding shoe, as well as our picks of the top 20 styles on offer to suit every style and budget. Here comes the bride!
- Colour-test: You'd be surprised at how many different shades of white there are, and cream tones can actually clash rather than match, so always bring a swatch of fabric or a picture of your dress with you when choosing your shoes.
- Length is everything: Depending on your dress-length, some style of shoes can look awkward peeking under a gown. If you've gone the traditional route, avoid wide peep-toe styles as all you'll see is toes underneath!
- Be careful of embellishments: Gowns made from tulle, silk or lace can easily snag, so it's important to ensure your shoe details won't catch on the hem. As a general rule, if you've got delicate fabric, avoid heavily embellished styles.
- Heel height: Wearing new heels all day and night isn't comfortable for anyone, so make sure you choose a flattering yet sensible heel height for your big day. As a precaution, ballet flats can be a lifesaver on the dance floor so be sure to have a pair on hand, just in case.
- Extra padding: If you're worried about blisters, stock up on cushioning and band-aids to keep your shoes from rubbing. Party Feet are a bridal bag must-have!