Finding good beauty buys for under ten dollars can often be a bit tricky, especially if you've got sensitive skin. So today, we've gathered the top ten makeup removers — from wipes and lotions — that remove even the most stubborn makeup and oil, even waterproof products. There's even one to use pre-tan. It's all in here ready to shop, let's go!
Last week we were considering drastic haircuts, bringing a bit of the tropics to our bods and promising to take care of our skin with regular facials; and as you can imagine, this week is suitably experimental in the land of beauty. We're channelling Diane Kruger's feet (yes, really), lusting over the perfect pink lipstick, saving our tired cuticles and nailing beauty for the traveller. Get clicking!
Carly Rae Jepsen is moving on from her hit "Call Me Maybe" into a new beauty deal with Burt's Bees. The singer will be the face of the new Güd Red Ruby Groovy line, and the first celebrity spokesperson for the natural-beauty brand. Burt's Bees hopes her strong pull with Generation Z, along with her social media presence, will bring their products into a younger demographic. The new line will include a shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash with the scent filled with fruity notes of grapefruit, black currant, apple, mandarin, and papaya. "I've always been attracted to things that smell feminine, and I like things that are energizing," Carly Rae told WWD. "I feel very womanly, and it makes me sort of ready to take on more."
It's the day you either love, hate, or love to hate — Valentine's Day! Personally, we love it because even if there isn't a certain someone to lock lips with, cocktails with the girls is always fun. But on the subject of kissing, the logistics of pashing with a bold, red lip can be tricky, so why not opt for a crazy sexy smoky paired back with a non-committal lip stain or balm? We've got 10 favourites, all tried and tested!
If you haven't sorted out those Winter feet yet, treat yourself to some pampering time this weekend to get them open toe shoe ready. You've really left it quite late...! We asked the Sugars to tell us their favourite toe nail polish — kinda needs to go with everything and not clash with the polish on our fingernails — and the product they use to make their feet look photo shoot ready. From the perfect nude to the perfect pumice, come with us.
Tubs get all the attention as bathroom relaxation stations. If you live in a small space that's shower-only, though, you can still create a beauty retreat at home. While you might not have the spare change to transform your shower stall into a Vichy palace, there are a few easy additions you can make to promote a spa-like experience. Get your construction-free renovation list when you keep reading.
Our fashion editor Ali has spent her week preparing for a friend's wedding. And when we say prepare, we mean facials, lash and brow tinting, a spray tan — you name the beauty treatment, she's had it! But when it comes to a big event, the most important beauty stuff happens the night before. We're talking skin prep, hydrating and relaxing the body so it can look its best. Now, what better way to end the week than with a budget buys gallery dedicated to the night before the big day? So whether you've got a wedding — perhaps your own?! — a special birthday party or you just want to look amazing for no reason at all (you go gurl), click through to find out your beauty to-do list and the corresponding products.
Chances are you haven't been getting the full benefits of your eye cream. Even though it's touted for its effectiveness at eliminating under-eye circles and puffy eyes, there are other woes that can be cured with a swipe of eye cream. Find out how to maximise your application method (and find the right formula for you) after the jump.
The shower can become crowded with all your beauty must haves. Well, now it's time for some (nearly) Spring cleaning, even though we're still seeing out the end of Winter! Find out the products that you should keep at arm's length in a few weeks, and everything else you can stow until next year.
1. Scrub: Exfoliation is a key step to keeping your skin smooth and glowing year-round. Plan to do a scrub at least twice a week. It will help you shave away the smallest hairs, and if you plan to use self-tanner, you'll get a more even glow. We like Burt's Bees Mango & Orange Sugar Scrub ($26.96).
2. Razor: Even though you should keep your blades dry between uses, you still want to have a razor nearby for a last-minute hairy situation. Store your razor in a plastic travel soap container to keep rust at bay.
3. Self-tanner: The shower is the best place to take all your sunless tan experiments. Why? It will minimise the mess and make it easier to clean up after yourself. Try Model Co's new offering, Super Tan Instant Self Tan ($39).
4. Conditioner: Now's the time to maximise your shampoo routine to keep it look glossy and healthy throughout Spring. Spritz in a leave-in conditioner and air-dry for an easy, fuss-free look.
5. Pumice stone: Spring and Summer sandals can do damage to your feet, especially their soles. Remedy dry, cracked heels with a pumice stone. Use it on wet feet and follow up with a heavy cream and socks each night.
6. Body oil: Lotion can be too heavy for hot temperatures. To avoid slick legs later on, reach for a body oil like Antipodes Heavenly Body Oil ($49). Apply before you leave the shower while wet. Then pat dry with a towel to get a glistening effect.
The votes are in and we can finally reveal the products that scooped the accolades in our first ever BellaSugar Australia Beauty Awards! We'll be bringing you details on all of the winners this week so stay tuned. First up, let's see which new releases our readers voted for in the skincare category. If you're on the hunt for a new moisturiser, eye cream or serum, be sure to see what ones our readers rated before hitting the shops!