Models including Jennifer Hawkins are strutting the runway as we type, but here's a sneak peek at Kevin Murphy's African Goddess hair look at the Myer Spring Summer Collection Launch. Inspired by the African influences of Myer’s Spring Summer campaign shoot, Kevin Murphy and his team of stylists have been hard at work today creating the sleek, low-set ponytail on the models.
"To compliment the colourful print-on-print designs we’ll be seeing on the runway this season, we wanted to create a hair look that was simple and modern yet sophisticated and sexy, with its own striking pop of colour. Taking inspiration from Myer’s African shoot we decided to create a sexy, pulled back, ambre dip-dyed style,” says hair director, Kevin Murphy.
The powerful hairstyle is easy to get at home, click though to find out how.
- Apply Anti Gravity Spray to damp hair from the roots to ends and blowdry with a hair dryer.
- Part the hair in a centre part.
- Pull the hair back keeping the middle part and secure with an elastic at the nape of the neck.
- Apply orange Color Bug to the ends of the hair, colouring the bottom third of the ponytail.
- Blend through with a smoothing brush to create more intensity on the very ends of the hair to achieve an ambre effect.
- Finish with a light mist of Session Spray.
Image courtesy Lucas Dawson