Happy Good Friday, everyone! We're making like the rest of the country, and taking a highly-anticipated long weekend to rest our weary bones (flop on the couch and catch up on Girls), rehydrate (sip cocktails) and help out the economy (buy hundreds of tiny Cadbury chocolate eggs). That said, this week just past has been pretty great, too! We welcomed a new team member, Steph — she's our new health and beauty writer and you can meet her in this gallery — Ali and Marisa put their styling caps back on and had a go at the beautiful new Zimmermann range, Alison got in front of the camera for Dior (just for laughs!), Jess hit up a film screening and her first-ever yoga class and Gen kept Heath Ledger's memory alive in a charitable way. There was plenty more keeping us busy — click through to see it all, and happy Easter!
Google has released Australia’s top searches of 2012 and among the categories is a list for the top 10 most Googled Australian celebrities. The results were interesting but not super-surprising — two stars were given a huge boost thanks to their presence on The Voice, the acting brothers taking Hollywood by storm ranked highly, and models were still the hot topic on Aussie fingertips. But who was number one?
Late Australian actor Heath Ledger's mum and stepfather, Sally and Roger Bell, flew over to the US last week to spend quality time with their granddaughter, Matilda. Matilda and her mum, Michelle Williams, were joined at the Bronx Zoo in New York by Michelle's boyfriend Jason Segel, who seems to have taken on a fatherly role for the little girl. Jason reportedly reached out a few weeks ago and expressed his desire to get to know Heath's family — and it looks like this is the beginning of a lovely connection. Heath's death in 2008 devastated those close to him, so it's great to see that they're all still close and looking happy on their day trip. Click through to see more pictures of the cute family!
Michelle Williams covers Elle UK's December issue of we're head over heels in love with the subscribers cover, which sees the doe-eye actress sitting on the floor in a lip print dress, ever so slightly smirking. Her famous pixie cut has a choppy, textured look about it and, speaking of the haircut, the My Week With Marilyn star says: "What Matilda would love is for her mum to grow out the cropped hair, though that's unlikely to happen any time soon. I've really grown into it — I feel like myself with short hair . . . Of course, the only people who like it are gay men and my girlfriends. Straight men across the board are not into this hair! I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it."
Naomi Watts celebrates her 43rd birthday! Even though the Hollywood favourite was born in the UK, we’ve always claimed her as one of our own, and despite her international career she’s always had a strong link to her Aussie roots. After getting into the biz via starts in shows like Hey Dad..! and Home and Away, Naomi has gone on to be one of our most successful exports, and joins friends like Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman as some of the original members of the Aussie Posse making it big in LA. She recently spoke out about her two-year relationship with Heath Ledger, and has now been with Liev Schreiber since 2005; they’re also the proud parents of sons Sasha and Sammy. While Naomi has lots of A-list friends, she’s also popular among the Aussie set, so we’re celebrating her birthday with a look at her Aussie friendships.
- Naomi Watts says of her time with Heath Ledger: "We had a beautiful relationship" — NYDailyNews.com
- Jesse James and Kat Von D and split . . . again — Who
- Molly Sims and producer Scott Stuber have tied the knot — People
- Kate Winslet is said to be dating Richard Branson's nephew — Us Weekly
- Former Home and Away star Lincoln Lewis will have an extended guest star role on Neighbours — TV Tonight
- Jennifer Lopez shows off her curvy behind while performing at the iHeartRadio music festival — Daily Mail
Michelle Williams Tells Marie Claire About the "Hole" in Her Life and Thanks Reese For Her Good Advice
Michelle Williams smiled big for the February cover of US Marie Claire and the accompanying photo shoot. Their interview is the actress' latest about Blue Valentine, after she attended a weekend Q&A. She took last night off from chatting, though, to hit the National Board of Review Awards with Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner and more. Michelle spoke to Marie Claire recently about her work, losing Heath Ledger, how yoga helped her heal, and Reese Witherspoon's good advice. She said:
- On Heath's absence from her and Matilda's lives: "Very obviously, for me and for her, there's a hole in our life. Of course the natural inclination is to want to fill it and make it disappear, but what I've come to recently is that it's impossible. Nothing will fit in that hole because what we want back we can't get, which is this one person. I'm not going to rush anything and scamper around like a mad person and make myself crazy. I'm trying to be respectful of the absence. I'm not trying to fill it up. It is what it is."
- On her and Matilda's idea of perfect guys: "I don't know what my version of a relationship or marriage is yet, because the typical model seems a little broken to me. At the same time, I was raised on all those princess fairy tales and I'm a romantic; I want to be a one-man girl. I took Matilda to Disney World recently and we saw all the princesses, and then she turned around and said, 'OK, now I'd like to see where all the princes are.' The Disney person said, 'Nobody has ever asked me that before. There aren't any princes here, honey.'"
- On getting advice from Reese Witherspoon: "To give credit where credit is due, I was sharing a difficulty I was experiencing with Reese Witherspoon, and she said, ‘Yes, I understand, but think about how much more difficult this would be without the luxury of a reliable, steady income."
Michelle Williams regrets talking about Heath Ledger in her Nightline interview — Huffington Post
Miranda Kerr’s grandparents’ home in Gunnedah is destroyed by fire — Daily Telegraph
Reese Witherspoon’s engagement ring reportedly cost $250,000 — Us Weekly
Did Blake Lively visit Ryan Gosling in Toronto over the holidays? — Lainey Gossip
Olivia Wilde wears see-through swimwear on the beach (NSFW) — Egotastic
Robert Pattinson and Leighton Meester will present at the Golden Globes — People
Elton John is the biological father of his son with David Furnish — PopEater
Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber have put their LA mansion on the market for $6 million. The six-bedroom, 4.5 bath home in the posh suburb of Brentwood features lush landscaping and has a South-of-France-villa kind of vibe. Naomi purchased the place in June 2004, from Oscar-winner Sally Field for $4.2 million, just after she split from Heath Ledger.