One of the strongest makeup look to come out of New York fashion week so far is the minimalist. Whether it be nude lips at Victoria Beckham, neutral nails at Zac Posen (and Derek Lam and Thakoon), white nails at Rag & Bone, barely there makeup at Altuzarra and Charlotte Ronson and clean, natural hair at Jill Stuart; this Spring is looking like a beautifully plain one. There's an emphasis on strong brows and contouring on the face, with nude (and matte) nails reigning supreme. In this week's colour story, we're taking our cues from the runway and going back to basics. Just remember that this isn't about no makeup, this is about nude makeup with a dash of dewy, highlighted cheekbones to boot — all hail the minimalist.
This week has been all about high voltage glamour. From the Venice Film Festival to the MTV Video Music Awards, we've been oogling everything from up 'dos and beachy waves to edgy rock looks and punchy lips; so we're dedicating this week's budget beauty buys to products that'll have you red carpet ready in a flash. Whether you've got a friend's wedding coming up or you're preparing for a big birthday bash, click through to see our round-up of makeup, tools and self tan — each one amazing and all under $20.
So tonight is the big night, and although fashion is the star, there's some pretty amazing beauty product offers ready for the taking at Vogue Fashion's Night Out Sydney. We'll be on the ground running from stores to counters and back again (be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts), taking in all the beauty and fashion goodness on display. Some highlights for tonight include:
- The one and only Miranda Kerr serving from the Kora Organics pop-up shop — located in Martin Place.
- Save 20 percent on Napoleon products (some exclusions apply).
- Priceline has 20 percent off store wide and the first 100 customers to spend over $50 will get a free beauty bag valued at over $62.
- The Balm Cosmetics has five minute mini-makeovers.
- If you spend $99 or more at SK-II counters, you'll receive a limited edition Vogue Fashion’s Night Out gift valued at $140.
- Jurlique has 15 percent off store wide.
- Discover Clinique's Even Better Eyes and have a free foundation fitting. You'll receive a custom fit foundation sample in your appropriate shade/formula.