The dog days of Summer are upon us, meaning vacation is coming to a close and the new school year is just around the corner. Pencils, notebooks, and backpacks may be on your lil one's back-to-school lists, but we've rounded up five other fun finds that will help both mamas and their tots usher in the school year. Have fun!
Whether you want to keep busy with some easy DIYs or you want a gorgeous modern daybed to lie back in, there are lots of fabulous finds in store for you this month. If shopping isn't on your to-do list, there's also a fab new hotel to visit for an end of Summer getaway. Check out all of my August must haves!
Welcome to August, the last official month of Summer. Hopefully, you've spent some time at the beach, done a little grilling, and even managed to go on a vacation. But mostly, I hope that you've found ways to beat this Summer heat! My must haves this month are going to keep you cool, encourage healthy eating habits, and have you walking better than you ever have before. Enjoy!
August has arrived bringing with it the dog days of Summer. There is no way around the heat, but there are plenty of ways to stay cool. Here are a variety of things to help squeeze every last drop of fun out of the final days of the season, while beating the heat.
August is the month when Summer comes to a close and entertainment-land gets a case of the doldrums. It's typically slow for music releases, and Hollywood doesn't necessarily put out the year's best films this month either. But that doesn't mean there aren't a few good gems out there that you'll want to get your hands on this month. To see what I uncovered, hit "Start."
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Summer is almost over! I know, that's a tough one to swallow, but I'm here with some ideas for how you can make the most of August, the last official month of Summer. Enjoy, and as always, please feel free to add your ideas in the comments below.
Where has the time gone? Can you believe that the summer is almost over?? To celebrate the last month of summer, I am here to offer you my list of must haves - must do's for August:
- Pick up a copy of Elizabeth Gilbert 's Eat, Pray, Love. It's this summer's must read. Her witty and smart journey takes you through her search across Italy, India and Indonesia
- Before the temperature stops, take some time for yourself and stroll on the beach, take your dog for a walk, do anything outside and reap the benefits of the late sunset and that summer breeze - Fall is just around the corner!
- Treat yourself to some sexy lingerie. Even if you're single, there is something to be said about feeling your best underneath your clothes
- Book a weekend away with your partner. If you have any summer Fridays left, use them and treat yourself to some poolside quality time with the one you love
- Plan a slumber party with all your girlfriends. Rent a bunch of movies, hang out in your sweats and order in!
August is a bittersweet month - it's definitely still summertime, but you know that Fall is just around the corner. To help you squeeze as much as you can out of your summer, we've come up with a list of things you must have in order to survive. Sure you don't actually need any of these, but you know you gotta have them!
- First up is this awesome European bistro inspired French Fry Holder from Williams-Sonoma. It's $16 and comes complete with a porcelain "paper" ramekin - talk about adorable!
- These colorful acrylic tumblers and bowls will jazz up all of your backyard shindigs. Imagine them full of ice cream and other delights! Prices start at $48 for a set of 6.
- These new all-natural Popchips are super flavorful and contain half the fat. Bathing suit weather is still here, so watch what you eat, but make sure it tastes good! I recommend the potato chips over the rice or corn. A case of 12 bags will cost you $29.88.
- Protect all of your cookbooks with a modern cookbook stand. This wood and acrylic one from Luciano Lorenzatti costs $27.50 and comes complete with a built-in measurement conversion table.
- Even though July was National Ice Cream month, there's still time to perfect your own frozen concoction. This Big Chill Ice Cream Maker will make hard ice cream in just 40 minutes and the lemon yellow color is perfect to chase away those "fall's approaching" blues. Available for $199.99.