Forget Anna Dello Russo, Carine Roitfeld and Alexa Chung for a second. There is a fresh batch of stylish sorts making themselves known in the world of fashion. Get familiar with the top 10 names to know (and style CVs to stalk) for the year ahead. From model-types with killer personal style, to stylists with red carpet cred, to international buyers who can whip street style snappers into a frenzy — we've rounded up the new crew who are set to shine in 2012.
Next up in MAC's long list of collaborators is super stylista Iris Apfel. A fashion icon if ever there was one, Apfel is famous for her eclectic taste and her wardrobe was the subject an exhibit at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. And with textiles and jewellery collections under her belt, the 90-year-old is turning her hand to makeup, teaming up with MAC to create a line that's every bit as bold as the woman behind it. Check out the range in this sneak-peek.
- Chris Evans likes women who wear their hair in ponytails.
- Chris Evans likes women who wear their hair in ponytails. High ponytails in particular — Elle
- Create a glittery snowflake manicure that's perfect for silly season — Cosmetic Cupcake
- MAC's next collaboration is with super stylista Iris Apfel — Style.com
- Megan Fox only wears makeup on date nights when she's not working — Just Jared
- Georgia May Jagger skips foundation where possible as it makes her look "more tired and older" — People
- How to get perfect red lipstick — Fashionista
- Hit the sauna to recover from your silly season hangover — Daily Mail
Looks like we're in for a treat from Marnie Skillings' 2011 RAFW collection. Her inspiration for a start is as seductive as it is esoteric; "A collection of things of fancy for no seemingly obvious reason. Things of desire, discovered and thrown together. My muses are Iris Apfel and nature’s collectors, like the bowerbird or xenophora, and my collection reflects their gathering instincts, a jumble of alluring yet contrasting aesthetics that harmonize when mixed together," says the designer. After perusing her preliminary sketches, we can see Marnie's inspirations will make for a ladylike collection with a decidedly artistic twist.
Her colours of choice? Rust, blue, latte, ivory, navy and tangerine will mix with original prints, and we'll see an exclusive line up of shoes and accessories making their way down the runway on Tuesday evening. Having internationally renowned stylists (and long time friends/collaborators) Michelle Jank and David Bonney on hand won't hurt either, with each lending their styling skills as creative directors for Marnie's Spring/Summer presentation. Step inside to see the sketches up close, exclusively on Fab.
Get your wardrobe ready forFashion Week!