Back in 2006, Dove — the brand that pioneered the use of real women in campaigns — commissioned a nationwide survey that revealed that only one percent of Australian women described themselves as beautiful. Keen to see how perspectives have changed since, the beauty giant commissioned a similar survey and the results today, thankfully, reveal a boost in confidence with 81 percent of girls describing themselves as beautiful, but only 51 percent of women, showing that we still have a problem with ageing gracefully. The survey also reveals some fun facts that are state specific. Read on and see if you agree with them . . .
- Women from NSW are most likely to describe themselves as beautiful and pretty
- Women from VIC are most likely to hate their breasts. And wrinkles
- Yet they spend the longest looking at themselves in the mirror each day. 13.9 minutes to be exact!
- QLD women are most likely to describe themselves as ugly
- They're also most likely to want to have Pippa Middleton butt-lifting surgery
- Women from SA hate their stomachs less than any other state
- But they're the most likely to want to get a boob job
- Women from WA spend longer on their daily beauty routine than any other state: 15.6 minutes.