The New Year is always a great time to change up your look or refresh your hair colour, so we sat down with L'Oréal Consulting Hair Colourist Christophe Robin at the brand's Hair Tech Center to get the inside scoop on how to make 2013 your year for hair. From whether or not ombré is still sticking around to the secrets to achieving that effortlessly sexy French style, Christophe has all the secrets you need to know. Watch now to see how to get your perfect colour no matter your shade!
Fourteen days: that's about the average time it typically takes for Christina Ricci to change her hair length and/or colour. OK, so that's an exaggeration, but there's no denying that she's a fan of frequenting the salon. Just about two weeks ago, Christina was spotted with a new look, a shorter, lighter, layered bob. But yesterday, she attended a pre-Emmys event sporting this much longer, even lighter hairdo with ash undertones. Do you love Christina's latest switch-up, or do you prefer her with a different look?
- Transform your image. New hair color lets you explore an alter ego, whether you’re looking for a dramatic change or just want to rev up your current hue. Always wanted to go platinum blond? Longing for fiery auburn locks? Think you should have been born a brunette? Now’s the time to try your dream shade.
- Look 10 years younger. A hot new hair color can banish gray and take years off your looks. Make sure to pick a product that’s specifically formulated to cover gray. Superior Preference® offers fade-defying color that covers gray beautifully.
- Update your style. You may keep an eye out for the latest fashion trends, but no stylish wardrobe is complete without the ultimate accessory — gorgeous hair color that flatters your looks and expresses your personality.
- Go for the gloss. Nothing restores shine to lackluster locks like fresh hair color. Regularly coloring smooths hair’s surface, keeping it glossy, healthy looking, and vibrant.
- Unleash your inner diva. Why settle for mousy, plain, or understated when you can be bold, vibrant, and outrageously stunning? Express your spotlight-stealing side with shades like luminous blond, rich brunette, radiant red, or warm cinnamon.
Today marks the official first day of Fall. Do you feel a crispness in the air already? Here, in San Francisco, not so much, as we're going through a bit of a heat wave these days. However, every time we experience an official change of season, this get gets me to thinking about switching up the old hair color palette. So tell me: No matter the season, do you go lighter when the flowers start blooming in March, get your streak on when the warmer-weather rolls in, and/or go dramatically dark for the cooler months? Or is it just that you have your own hair color schedule?