Apple has announced that new iPhones will be available to buy before the end of the month! The news broke overnight from Cupertino, California, with the introduction of two new models: the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S. Early adopters have probably got their orders in already, and we’re guessing that a few famous faces will also be on the waitlist, considering many stars use the iPhone as their smartphone of choice. From taking selfies to documenting outfits, click through to see the iPhone’s famous fans.
Today brought the sad news of the passing of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs, so we're paying tribute by bringing you the top 20 fashion apps for your iPhone. These handy apps are sure to make your bus ride/train trip/hairdresser appointment a whole lot more enjoyable, so check them out and download with caution — these little puppies are trés addictive!
- Shopstyle Australia: By the Sugar Network! Brings together all the retailers offering the latest products delivered straight to your door.
- Victoria's Secret: Access to the online store, plus images and updates.
- Gucci Style: Lets you view the latest collections and store listings, plus the Gucci Beats feature, where you can mix music compiled by Mark Ronson.
- DVF: Shop the collection, find the closest stores, and get the latest news.
- eBay: Search, bid and buy. Enough said.
- Chanel: We couldn't go past this. View the latest looks, trailers and accessories.
- Vogue VIP: Stay in the know on the latest from Vogue Australia magazine.
- Style.com: Access all the latest fashion shows in an easy-to-use format.
- Teen Vogue Snapshot: Keep up to date with Teen Vogue’s cute take on trends and upload pictures of your own personal style.
- Net-a-Porter: Isabel Marant and Chloé while you walk/rest/play? Hello, ’nuff said.
The new iPhone 4S can be ordered later this week — if you want to know all the techie ins and outs of why it's better than the regular iPhone 4, speak to our tech guys, they've got all that covered — all we know is surely that means it's some time for some fresh beauty apps, no? So if you want to learn how to French braid while you're on the bus, find a new haircut before you hit the salon or even fight a blemish at your desk, these are the iPhone apps for you.
We love a good iPhone app, and have just stumbled upon one that's guaranteed to make those what-on-earth-am-I-going-to-wear-today mornings that smidgen easier. Download the Wearcast app for $1.19, and you'll not only get a five-day weather forecast, but you'll get some pre-styled, weather appropriate wardrobe options too. It's like a having a personal weather man AND stylist on hand, all in one. If it's raining outside, your female or male avatar will probably be carrying an umbrella. Scorching hot? He or she will ditch the boots for strappy sandals. You get the picture. And there's also a sensitivity feature, so if you're particularly feel the cold, or are always hot, adjust the temperature to change the wardrobe recommendations. Cute idea, right?
You can virtually try on OPI nail polishes on the brand's website but did you know that you can paint your nails with a click on the iPhone too?
The free OPI App allows you to try on all of the company's nail shades, like Hot & Spicy, which is part of the new Hong Kong collection. Due to feedback, OPI's working on creating a place to store your favourite shades, along with making improvements on the finishes so that your sparkle or shimmer will actually sparkle or shimmer.
Pros: You can adjust your skin's tone to match your own colouring; and you can search by name and by colour.
Cons: Trend alerts or info on the latest collection would be lovely, but all in all, it'll help plan your next mani.