When it comes to miracle ingredients, retinol is high on our list. Not only does it help with things like dark spots and acne, but it also keeps skin firm and taut. Retinol, however, can be extremely drying. Luckily, we found three products that give you the exfoliation you need for a beautiful glow but also have hydrating properties. Read: red, flaky skin will be a thing of the past.
Sure, washing your face every night is one of those oft-broken beauty commandments, but what about what comes next? Are you applying the right skin care products in the right order? And when are you exfoliating? Fear not. Kate Somerville, the go-to skin expert of the biggest stars, breaks it down step by step, so you can focus on enjoying the benefits of a smart skin care regimen: good skin! Read on for her tips to a successful morning and night-time routine.
Once you've mastered your skin care routine, the best way to keep your complexion glowing is to add in a mask treatment. Skin expert Kate Somerville recommends using a mask once or twice a week depending on your skin's needs. To find out what you should be using for your skin type, read on.
- Jennifer Aniston reportedly uses Vaseline to smooth fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes — Daily Mail
- Serena Williams wore floral nail art to take out the Wimbledon women's final — InStyle US
- An in-depth account of eyebrow threading — The Plastic Diaries
- Kate Somerville is launching two new serums as well as an anti-sagging body cream — Elle
- Toenail art: the next big thing? — Fashionista
- L'Oréal Paris ambassador Rachel Weisz gets a vampy makeover in Vanity Fair — Vanity Fair
- Turn around bright eyes: bold eyeshadows make their mark on the Louis Vuitton Resort '13 campaign — Fashion Copious
- Alessandra Ambrosio rocks orange nails and a braid in Malibu — FabSugar
When it comes to sloughing off dead skin and leaving yourself with perfectly polished pins, these recently-launched body scrubs are top dogs. MOR Essentials Salt & Sugar Scrub – Sugar Rose Tiger Lily not only smells divine but also nourishes the skin with its rich blend of avocado and jojoba oils, Burt's Bees Sugar Scrubs feature a host of natural ingredients, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment combines fruit enzymes with gentle buffing beads, Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub is a yummy blend of banana, honey and almond, while David Jones Body Scrubs exfoliate, cleanse and moisturise to leave skin silky smooth.
popsugar poll2012 BellaSugar Australia Beauty Awards: Vote For the Best Body Scrub
The name Kate Somerville is synonymous with great skin. Her solutions-based skincare line is the go-to choice for A-listers including Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson and Jessica Alba, and her award-winning range, which focuses on skin health, is heading this way. From April 2, it'll be the latest cult brand to be stocked at Mecca Cosmetica. From cleansers (Detox Daily Cleanser comes in at $36) to targeted treatment products such as the Complexion Correction Daily Discoloration Perfector ($92), Mecca will stock 32 SKUs, including two kits. We'll be checking out Goat Milk Body Lotion ($36), Micro Glycolic Polisher ($102) and Oil Free Moisturizer ($75).